Monday, August 23, 2010

This is unbelievable.

My mom just told me that at the clinic where my Aunt Diane is a nurse, they are offering prizes to whichever nurse can get the most people to book another visit. The top prize is a 52 inch plasma screen television.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!$@*%^!#@%(#$&

She said that now when the nurses get a call from someone who has a sore throat, instead of asking them how long they've had it and telling them to try something simple before they come in to see someone, now they just tell them to come in for an appointment no matter what.

This is completely morally reprehensible, next time they tell me to come in I am going to wonder why. Is it so that the nurse can win a prize?

The old battleaxe, my mom, said she might tip off the press, and if she doesn't I definitely will. This is wrong and it should be illegal.

2 comments:

  1. I don't really see how it's "morally reprehensible." It's a little bizarre, and I don't understand why it would be necessary, but hopefully they'll actually take care of all the people who come in. If I had gotten an actual examination when I came in for a strep throat test, instead of just being swabbed and sent out the door, I might not have had to go to the emergency room five days later to have an abscess drained from my throat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the morally reprehensible label. Utilization is down in the past year but this is no way to deal with it. Gil, you got bad care. Going more doesn't guarantee anyone will get better care. Going more makes the clinic more money.

    ReplyDelete