Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Remember what you had. Maybe that will be enough

So I'm experiencing a downturn in my gluten-free living, in the past couple weeks I drank a Spotted Cow, ate a piece of pizza, and had some birthday cake. These transgressions didn't produce any noticeably ill effects, but what has produced an ill effect has been the reduction of my caloric intake.

It would have gone down anyway (I've already lost about 15 pounds), but I've moved from being accustomed to eating less to thinking that I never need to eat. I assumed some sort of sordid satisfaction supposing I could survive sans sufficient sustenance. This was the front I felt I had to put on, because not eating gluten brings endless lament from anyone you tell. "Oh I'm so sorry! All the BEST foods have gluten! You can't eat anything!" My response would be to shrug them off, tell them it isn't bad and that a lot of great food doesn't have gluten. Unfortunately my way of showing that was to abstain from gluten with a vengeance. The vengeance part meaning I just refused all offers of food or any suggestion to go out to eat somewhere. Anyway, that's no way to live, and it doesn't prove anything other than that now I'm sick because I never eat anything.

Ugh sometimes I feel like an infant.

No comments:

Post a Comment